March 21, 2016
Dear PAP Members,
The Psychological Association of the Philippines (PAP) has launched its search for Outstanding Psychologists to be recognized for the year 2016.
The Outstanding Psychologist Award was first given by the PAP in 1988 and has been conferred every seven years since then. The award is given for outstanding achievement in all the different aspects of the psychology discipline (teaching, research, practice). It is not intended to recognize achievement in only one aspect of the discipline for which the PAP has separate awards.
The Outstanding Psychologist Award Search Committee is composed of former recipients of the award, and will select the 2016 awardee(s) based on the following general criteria:
1. He/She should be a citizen of good moral character, with unquestionable ethical practice and behavior.
2. He/She must have done outstanding work in all the different aspect of the discipline:
a. teaching or training
b. research and publications
c. practice of the profession in one's area of expertise
d. substantial contribution to the field that has national or international recognition and/or impact
We invite PAP members to nominate psychologists for this award. Those who wish to nominate a psychologist for this award should submit:
1. A nomination letter that (a) describes the nominee's various outstanding contributions to the discipline, and (b) explains why the nominee is deserving of the award;
2. The completed nomination form (see attached) that lists the highlights of the nomination letter; and
3. The nominee's complete curriculum vitae.
Please submit your nominations by May 31, 2016 to:
Outstanding Psychologist Awards Committee
PSSCenter, Commonwealth Avenue
Diliman, Quezon City
pap_1962_08 [at] yahoo [dot] com
We will accept only digital copies and files of nominations (docx or pdf formats) sent through email. No hard copies of nominations will be accepted.
Thank you very much and we look forward to receiving your nominations.
Very truly yours,
Allan B. I. Bernardo
Chair, Outstanding Psychologist Awards Search Committee